Are you suffering from vaginal dryness and painful intercourse? You are not alone. Here are some common causes and solutions:
- Swimming– Spending too much time in the pool may lead to vaginal dryness and discomfort in the vulva area due to the chlorine used to keep the water clean
Solution: Apply Vitamin E or Coconut oil to vulva before swimming. Rinse the private area thoroughly with water only (no soap) after swimming. You may apply more Vitamin E or Coconut oil afterwards
- Medications-That nasty flu is making you miserable? Some cold and allergy medicines can dry up mucus, which can cause vaginal dryness
Solution: Drink plenty of (caffeine-free) fluids, avoid Antihistamines (such as Benadryl/Diphenhydramine) if possible. Run a humidifier in the bedroom
- Chemicals– Perfumes and dyes in soaps and feminine hygiene products may cause vaginal dryness
Solution: When in doubt, go free. As tempting as it may be to want the good smelling products, stick with dye free and perfume free at least for the feminine private area
- Anxiety and stress– Your emotions can definitely interfere with your libido or sexual desire and may lead to vaginal dryness
Solution: De-stress regularly. Download a relaxation App into your smart phone, listen and relax two to three times a day. Even if it is for 2-3 minutes, the benefits are enormous. I like an App called “Calm” but there are so many choices out there. Avoid energy drinks or sodas that are loaded with caffeine. Caffeine may make you more anxious and jittery plus dehydrate you.
- Smoking-Studies suggest that smokers suffer more frequently from vaginal dryness. Also, women who smoke typically reach menopause a year earlier than women who don’t smoke
Solution: You know it’s a bad habit. There are so many options to help you quit. Gums, Patches, acupuncture, hypnosis and prescription medications (inhalers and pills) are some of the most common choices. Everyone is different and what works for someone else may not work for you. Try a different option if you fail at first. Don’t give up!
We would love to hear from you! Please share your experience by leaving a comment!
Why FabuVag™ vaginal moisturizer?
According to results of a scientific study published in November of 2015, the natural herb used in FabuVag™ vaginal moisturizer is an effective means to manage the symptoms of vaginal atrophy in postmenopausal women.
Maturitas. 2016 Feb;84:75-80. doi: 10.1016/j.maturitas.2015.11.005. Epub 2015 Nov 12.
Effect of Foeniculum vulgare (fennel) vaginal cream on vaginal atrophy in postmenopausal women: A double-blind randomized placebo-controlled trial.